Monday, September 15, 2008

Hip Hop and Popin Battle


I checked out the Hip Hop and Popin' Battle at Drive Dance Centre. Intimidation was on my mind and expectation as participants battle it out on the floor. The battle was being judged by Popin' Pete and Sho-Tyme, two legends in popin' and hip hop after their workshop yesterday. I entered the room and saw the anticipation of the audience for a showdown. The excitement was hidden and hardly contained be the dancers' game faces as their peers look on as these industry legends watch their moves. A battle can really up one's heartbeat and tests a person's nerves. The heat in the room added to the rawness of the competition. I could feel my shoulders hunch forward, sweat drip from my forehead and my body tense up as I prepare to watch the one on one battle.

Photos by Yvonne Chew
taken on September 14, 2008

Popin' Pete and Sho-Tyme Workshop and Battle
at the Drive Dance Centre
http://www.drivedancecentre.com

















No comments: